Experience: 2-5 years
Total Positions: 1
Job Type: full-time
Salary: Rs. - Rs.
Education: Bachelor Degree
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Apply Before: 2020-05-12
Building Information Platform Against Disaster (BIPAD) is an integrated and comprehensive Disaster Information Management System (DIMS) initiated by the Government of Nepal, Ministry of Home Affairs, National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Authority (NDRRMA). BIPAD is built upon the concept of creating a national portal embedded with independent platforms for National, Provincial, and Municipal Governments with a bottom-up approach of disaster data partnership. The data/information placed in the portal has the potential to enhance preparedness, disaster communication, response, and especially post-incident coordination. Youth Innovation Lab (YI-Lab), a non-profit civic tech company, has been providing technical assistance to the Government of Nepal since Feb 2019 in the financial support from DFID Nepal. More about BIPAD, http://bipad.gov.np.
YI-Lab is hiring 'Full Stack Web Developer-Senior’ for its upcoming project ‘BIPAD Vision 2020 and Beyond'. Under this upcoming project, full stack developer will lead the overall coordination of technical team in BIPAD project. The developer should have adequate knowledge of working in,
- React Framework
- Mapbox, Mapbox GL JS, Mapbox Studio
- GitLab, Linux server, Docker
- Understanding in Python/Django/REST workflow
Major responsibilities and duties:
- Overall lead in technical coordination in BIPAD project. Take full control of the project technical aspect and maintain coordination with GIDC and NRA.
- BIPAD root handling
- Data integration and visualization
- Developing and maintaining front-end and back-end website architecture.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or similar disciplines.
- 3 years of experience as full stack developer.
- Good working experience with front-end development.
- Strong organizational, communication, and project management skills
- Proficiency with React framework, Mapbox library.
- Familiarity with server-side languages such as Python.
To know more details about the position or the project, please contact to [email protected]