Experience: 2-5 years
Total Positions: 1
Job Type: full-time
Salary: Rs. - Rs.
Education: Bachelor Degree
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Apply Before: 2020-05-12
Building Information Platform Against Disaster (BIPAD) is an integrated and comprehensive Disaster Information Management System initiated by the Government of Nepal, Ministry of Home Affairs, National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Authority (NDRRMA). BIPAD is built upon the concept of creating a national portal embedded with independent platforms for National, Provincial, and Municipal Governments with a bottom-up approach of disaster data partnership. The data/information placed in the portal has the potential to enhance preparedness, disaster communication, response, and especially post-incident coordination. Youth Innovation Lab (YI-Lab), a non-profit civic tech company, has been providing technical assistance to the Government of Nepal since Feb 2019 in the financial support from DFID Nepal. More about BIPAD, http://bipad.gov.np.
YI-Lab is hiring 'Backend Web Developer-Senior’ level for its upcoming project ‘BIPAD Vision 2020 and Beyond'. Under the upcoming project, backend developer will take the overall coordination of backend in the BIPAD project. The backend developer should have understanding of working in,
- Django & REST Framework.
- Python (PEP – 8 Standard, Unit Testing)
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- Docker, Git Lab, Linux server
- React framework
Major responsibilities and duties:
- Overall lead in technical development of BIPAD project. Take full control of the project technical aspect and maintain coordination with GIDC and NRA.
- BIPAD root handling.
- Data integration and visualization.
- Develop functional and sustainable web application with clean and reusable code based on requirements.
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements.
- Collaborate with Front-end developers.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Conduct UI tests and optimize performance.
- Server handling, management and understanding server resources.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or similar disciplines.
- In-dept understanding of web development. 3 years of development experience in Python, Django & Rest framework.
- Experience working and making changes in Geo-server platform and React framework.
- Experience working with continuous integration, continuous deployment pipeline, git version control and Docker based deployment.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
To know more details about the position or the project, please contact to [email protected]